Thank you to those who attended the first ever Marketing Careers Panel.
The event was a huge success! Many of our members were able to network with the panel of professionals, ask questions and learn so much more about marketing than they knew before.
Panelist 1: Andrew Stangler (GenR Media)
- Stay focused in school
- Learn a variety of management styles (Supportive Communication)
- Read books (Recommended “7 Habits of Highly Effective People”)
Panelist 2: Jeff Howes (Cablevision)
- Never underestimate the power of observation
- Position people for success and build strong relationships
- Stay humble
Panelist 3: Jon Vogel (215 Marketing)
- Fail fast – fall forward
- Look for firms with a culture that suits you (big names don’t necessarily matter)
- Get around fire and stay around fire – Surround yourself with people who have drive, passion and ambition. Stay around people that are hungry.
Panelist 4: Steve Estrellado (Estro Communications)
- Learn how to program, HTML, PHP and Adobe Muse
- Learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and how to copywrite
- Learn how to use WordPress and basic graphic design skills
Panelist 5: Allison Brewster (Cablevision)
- Focus on relationships – never let more than 6 months go by without reaching out to a contact
- Go to networking events
- Utilize LinkedIn
– Post By Jymeca Louissaint